A catheter or a urinary catheter is a thin, flexible tube placed in your bladder connected to a bag to help drain your urine. If your loved one has a catheter attached to them, there are some extra measures that you need to do to avoid urinary infections and also to keep their catheter working properly.
Usually, there are many home health agency in Chula Vista, California that includes catheter care in the services they provide. But if you want to personally assist your loved one, you can take note of these hygiene tips for catheter care:
- Make sure to clean your catheter, change your drainage bags, and wash your drainage bags every day.
- Drink 1 to 2 glasses of liquids every 2 hours while you’re awake.
- When showering, leave your bag or valve attached to the catheter.
- Keep your leg bag below the level of your bladder at all times.
- Wash the visible part of the catheter and the area where it enters your body with warm soapy water.
However, if you want a nurse to provide catheter care for your loved one, you can always look for a home healthcare in California.
When it comes to delivering high-quality home health in San Diego, Modern Home Health Care, Inc. is the one you can trust! Serving you with utmost dedication is what we strive to do.
We are also experts in providing skilled nursing in California. From the start, we were able to help our clients feel better and healthier in their homes. If you wish to know more about our services, please do not hesitate to call us.