There are a lot of ways to do wound care at home. Although there are several wound care techniques, it still doesn’t assure us that some of these are effective to us or to others. To avoid infection or other complications, here are some do’s and don’ts of wound care at home that you need to keep in mind:
- Always keep the wound dry.
- Use mild soap while cleaning the wound site.
- Apply petroleum jelly on the exposed wounds.
- Irrigate your wound by holding it under running water.
- Observe any signs of wound infections.
- Touching wounds with bare hands and taking a bath without wound protection
- Applying antibiotic without consultation from a physician
- Avoid putting commercial antiseptics such as iodine
- Scratching, picking or rubbing the wound site
- Putting cosmetic products directly on the wound
If you are not confident to treat your wound by yourself, seeking help from professionals, especially those who provide skilled nursing in California, should be the first thing that you should do.
We at Modern Home Health Care, Inc. are experts when it comes to proper wound care. The health and overall well-being of our clients are our topmost priority. We provide exceptional home healthcare in California without compromising your comfort and independence.
You can rely on our agency when it comes to delivering home health in San Diego. We always believe that your home is the best place for your recovery. That is why we will do our best every time we visit and administer clinical care to you right at your home.
If you want to know more about our services, please feel free to contact our home health agency in Chula Vista, California.